Effective touch solution: long life with top performance
Supermarket checkouts have to work properly even after millions of entries. Elektrosil optimised the input unit for 12.1" and 15.1" monitors and provided valuable consulting input.
An input unit with a long service life: The client wanted an infrared touch solution for his POS system with a fast response time and the smallest possible dimensions as well as optimisation of the infrared touch panels, assistance in the selection of the protective screen and adaptation for numerous operating systems.
- Client: A leading IT service provider in the retail sector
- Project size: 10,000 units per year in the mix
- Sector: Vending/POS
- Product area: Displays & Touch
- Services: Circuit board development, development of touch feature technology, driver adjustment software, application consulting, assembly production
Elektrosil’s team of touch experts developed a narrower, customised infrared touch panel including the integrated touch screen functionality without restricting its performance. The subsequent integration into the monitor ensured that the carrier board was correctly aligned and that the infrared diodes were positioned exactly in relation to each other. With an infrared touch screen, the client chose a technology of almost unlimited lifetime, which differed significantly from its predecessor- a resistive touch screen. As the technology did not permit the surface to be flush, the Elektrosil team employed sophisticated integration techniques to achieve minimum height.
Elektrosil also provided samples of a suitable protective screen which satisfied the requirements for suitable chemical anti-reflection, increased resistance to shock and impact, and a pleasant feel to the interface. Several driver modifications were undertaken for use in virtually all common operating system environments. This was carried out in close collaboration between Elektrosil and the supplier in Asia.
The client values the pronounced development and implementation expertise for touchscreen components with integrated circuit boards and the optimisation of installations
- More than 20 years of experience in touchscreen and PCB design
- Coordination of suppliers for a smooth project flow
- One-stop shop: From consulting to development and simulation to manufacturing and delivery
Are you also looking for a custom-fit solution for your system and a competent partner? Then give us a call: +49 40 840001-0.
- Application advice, development supervision, design-in support
- Quality Assurance
- Engineering and production
- Completely customised applications
Product Manager System Integration
Tel: +49 40 84 00 01-35Tobias.Markow@elektrosil.com
SUCCESS STORIES YOU WILL WANT TO READ.
A variety of topics, extraordinary abilities: our success stories speak for themselves.