Power supply for IT
Elektrosil developed a customised power supply that was durable, easy to install, energy efficient and thermally optimised.
Until now, the manufacturer of professional IT equipment used standard power supply units, which, however, offered a significantly reduced service life due to cramped space conditions, reduced cooling and high load requirements. In addition, they led to failures and frequent repairs.
- Client: a German medium-sized company
- Branch: Industry
- Project size: 5,000 units
- Product areas: power supply, connection technology
- Services: Concept, design, assembly, final test, logistics
Elektrosil first selected a suitable power supply platform that met the requirements for compact design, energy efficiency and EMC.
At the customer’s request, two additional output voltages were provided for temperature and vibration sensors, which helped to reduce system complexity.
Heavily loaded or heat-sensitive components such as electrolytic capacitors were replaced by high-quality and long-term stable alternatives, and tool-free mounting on the carrier plate was made possible. In addition, a post-certification was carried out according to special customer requirements.
“In this project, we were able to fully utilise the strengths of our broad-based development team and our partner network,” says Volker Gräbner, product manager for power supplies. “The customer got a solution from a single source without having to accept any losses in terms of know-how, development time or flexibility.”
By extending the service life, the easy-to-install power supplies saved the customer service costs and reduced downtime. The move to a customised power supply fulfilled all expectations.
“The customer got a solution from a single source without having to accept any losses in terms of know-how, development time or flexibility.”
- Development of customised system solutions, interdisciplinary and from a single source
- Strong, regularly audited partner network
- Experience in development, production and quality assurance
- Time management for a tight project schedule
- Networked development team across all disciplines
Are you also looking for a custom-fit solution for your system and a competent partner? Then give us a call: +49 40 840001-0.
- Application consultation, development assistance, design-in support
- Quality assurance
- Engineering and production
- Completely customised applications
Product Manager Power Supplies
Tel: +49 40 84 00 01-24Volker.Graebner@elektrosil.com
SUCCESS STORIES YOU WILL WANT TO READ.
A variety of topics, extraordinary abilities: our success stories speak for themselves.