High-tech controller for jet surfboard: with lithium-ion battery and wireless charging
Surfing the calm water at high speed – this enjoyment is provided by a new type of surfboard with a jet drive. Elektrosil developed a waterproof remote control with Bluetooth and wireless charging.
The customer wanted an easy-to-use controller with a Bluetooth connection to the board that can be operated safely even at high speeds (up to 54 km/h). The battery pack with universal charging and protection electronics should offer a high capacity, be fully IP-protected and floatable in water.
- Client: A start-up for water sports equipment
- Project size: 600 – 1.000 units per year
- Sector: Home Appliances
- Product area: Power Supplies
- Services: Housing construction, safety testing, Bluetooth and software development, tooling, series implementation
When the customer-specific solution was designed, the guiding principle was optimal functionality in the water. The team constructed a plastic housing with a double seam in the desired joystick shape, adapted to the required electronic components. A precisely calculated cavity provided the necessary flotation in the water and a special sealing procedure ensured water impermeability in accordance with protection class IP 68.
Elektrosil realised the energy storage with a powerful lithium-ion battery and an elaborate wireless charging unit according to the Qi standard. The safety tests for the lithium-ion battery required for transport were carried out in accordance with UN standard 38.3 in a certified laboratory in Asia.
The electronics and coils of the battery unit have been optimised for charging via any 5 V DC power supply unit. The charging intelligence and protection electronics were integrated into the battery pack. The last-mentioned protects the charging processes against short circuits, undervoltage and deep discharges. Bluetooth components and associated software were developed with a partner company.
The intelligent design of the remote control contributes greatly to the innovative quality of the sports device.
The deciding factor for the customer was the ability to access the full range of engineering core competencies at Elektrosil.
- Core competencies in data connection technology, moulding, electronics development, software programming and power supplies
- One-stop shop: All development services from a single source
- Great expertise in 3D and tool design
Are you also looking for a custom-fit solution for your system and a competent partner? Then give us a call: +49 40 840001-0.
- Application advice, development supervision, design-in support
- Quality Assurance
- Engineering and production
- Completely customised applications
Product Manager Power Supplies
Tel: +49 40 84 00 01-24Volker.Graebner@elektrosil.com
SUCCESS STORIES YOU WILL WANT TO READ.
A variety of topics, extraordinary abilities: our success stories speak for themselves.